Saturday, October 31, 2009

Chapter 5

*sooo, this one's a bit intense. I kinda rushed this one, there could be a few mistakes, I didn't really check it over. but overall you should enjoy it :) and oh yah. COMMENTS PLEASE. Thanks :)*


*Julie’s POV*

He just left for practice and I was terrified. For him. They were going to attack him with questions afterwards. I know he’ll say nothing, but I knew he was going to be overwhelmed and torn apart. I was honestly scared for myself too, I don’t know where I was going to go to keep them away. You never know who is a freaking reporter just waiting for the perfect moment to catch you in the act.

I grabbed my keys and slipped on my shoes. I was ready to head out, when I heard a phone ringing. I searched my pockets and found mine in the back pocket. I turned the corner into the kitchen and saw Max’s on the table. The number didn’t show up, so I answered.

“Hello?”
“Where’s Max?” a female voice answered. She sounded upset.
“Um, gone to practice right now, who is this?”
“Liz, who is this?”
I froze. What the hell was I supposed to say to his ex wife?
“Um…”
“Well?” she was impatient.
“Julie” I said quietly.
“So you’re the one that ruined our marriage? Broke us apart?”
I deserved that, but I had nothing to say, but she kept going.
“You know…a whore like you does not deserve the love he has to offer”
“And you do!?” I shot back.
“I know him inside and out, I’ve known him longer than you have, I’ve loved him longer than you have and I will not let someone like you ruin that!?”
“Someone like me? The someone he’s in love with? The someone he chose over you? You’re a self-righteous bitch who doesn’t deserve an ounce of the love he has to give. He may have married you, but I have no doubt in my mind that someday I will be the one with his ring on my finger!” I was ready to scream.
“You bitch…” she said quietly.
“You’re probably the one who let this all out into the media so I would shut your mouth right now!”
She was silent.
“It was you!”
“That is none of your business” she snapped.
“So it was you” I repeated quieter.
“I didn’t mean for it to get out that way”
“I lost my fucking job for this. This could hurt Max’s career like you wouldn’t believe. Do you care about anyone but yourself!?” I felt like punching something at this point.
“After I found out about Max’s affair I went out. I was furious. Pissed off. I didn’t realize the guy was a reporter. I just thought he was flirting…so I told him”
“You told a complete stranger--”
“My emotions got the best of me alright!? I don’t know who got the pictures, I just said what happened…the pictures are not my fault”
“I’m done talking to you” I said hanging up the phone.

The nerve of that bitch to do that and then freak out at Max for letting it get out. I would love to go find her and give her a piece of my mind…like that would really do anything.

I grabbed his phone and my keys. I drove myself to Mellon Arena so I could talk to him after practice. I came in and sat back as I watched the practice, thank goodness they didn’t have any media around…yet. I made the decision to stay away from the dressing room. I didn’t need to be in there when they were to show up. I waited in my car.

After a while I saw a few of them coming out and I spotted Max. I tried to not be obvious, but all the guys knew about it now. I got a couple looks from Crosby, Malkin and even Letang. I ignored them and leaned against the hood of my car, dangling my keys. I saw him lean against the hood beside me. I slowly handed him his phone.

“You ok?” he asked.
“I talked to Liz” I said quietly.
“What!?” he said in a hushed tone.
“Your phone rang. There was no caller id, I answered…”
“And it was Liz…” he said.
“She’s a bitch” I said.

He didn’t reply.

“I’ve ruined everything haven’t I?” I sighed standing up.
“No” he said, “this is for the best Julie, you and me”
I ignored him, “did you talk to the media at all?”
“Yes…”
“And?”
“I said nothing, I ignored them and told them to not bring the fucking subject up again”
“Well that’s classy of you” I smirked.
He just laughed, “nobody is telling me being with you is wrong. I know cheating on Liz was wrong…but the decsion to be with you, I will never regret”

I just smiled big and bit my lip.

I heard someone come up behind me and Max looked up. I turned my head and saw Letang standing behind me. I didn’t say anything.

“What’s up with you ruining a happy marriage?” he said. If you didn’t know…Letang was engaged, and very happy.
I didn’t respond.
“Hey Kris, you want to drop this” said Max.
“How the hell do you know she doesn’t have someone else waiting for her?” he said.

At that point I was so furious I shoved him into the car behind him. He had a look of shock on his face.

“You should keep this one on a short leash” he said with a smug smile.
“Excuse me!?” I snapped lunging at him.
Max grabbed me and pulled me back, “just relax baby, he shouldn’t be saying a word”
“You fucking shut your mouth or your fiancee is going to find out about the blonde whore from Friday night” Max said quietly.
“You wouldn’t…” he said his eyes narrowing.
“Dude, you are getting on my last nerve so don’t think I wouldn’t…”
“Fine” he said backing off.

“Max, you need to know something” I told him opening the door of my car.
He just looked at me waiting for what it was I had to say.
“Liz told me it was her that told the media…”

2 comments:

  1. ohh what is max gonna do now that he knows liz told the media about everything..keep it going :)

    ReplyDelete