Monday, October 19, 2009

Chapter 2

*Directions: You are to read this chapter and then go comment. I need comments so I know that this story is worth spending my time on or not. Thank you for your cooperation and I expect much feedback :)*

*Julie’s POV*

I sat in the living room literally glancing at my phone every few minutes. It’s ridiculous how nervous I was. I couldn’t even watch sports, or even listen to music. He clouded my mind completely and I couldn’t do anything but think about what was happening over there. I wanted to call him so badly but knew it could mess it up if he was in the middle of a conversation with her. I really got myself into a mess, and now that I’ve fallen for him, I can’t clean up the mess.

*Max’s POV*

I finally told her. She hadn’t said a word since I spoke the dreaded “I’ve been cheating on you”. All I could hear were small sobs coming from our bedroom. She locked the door. I have been sitting against the wall for the past hour waiting to see if she would face me, I wouldn’t blame her if she threw all of my things at me now. I finally saw the door open and stood up quickly. Her face was tear streaked and there were still some falling.

“Max…” she said quietly, she could barely even speak my name.
“What baby?” I replied.
“Don’t call me that” she snapped wiping a tear away.
“Sorry” I whispered.
“Me or her” she simply said.
“Excuse me?”
“Me or her?” she said again.
“Don’t ask me that” I replied.

She scoffed and walked into the living room.

“Is it that hard to choose? Between your wife and the whore?”
“Don’t call her that” I said. Bad move.
“Now you’re defending her?” she said crossing her arms.

I didn’t respond.

“Who is she?” she asked me.
“That doesn’t matter” I said.
“It fucking matters to me Max, you tell me who she is!”
“Julie Miller” I said quickly.
“How and when did you meet her? How did this whole thing start?”
“It was after a big win, we were all down at Diesel, the guys and I were drinking. She was a writer for some sports magazine, Kris invited her, and it went a tad far…”
“How far?” she asked.
“Not that far”
“How fucking far Max?” she tried to stay calm.
“We made out…small room in the back of the club, we were both drunk…”
“And how did you remember her?”
“I saw her the next day, she was doing more interviews…we hit it off”
“How long ago?”
“6 months” I said quickly.

She sighed and closed her eyes.
“What do I do with this?” she whispered.
“I don’t know Liz…” I sighed.
“I should be throwing you out, all the times you told me you were out with the guys after the game…you were with her…this morning when I called you, you didn’t crash at Kris’…you were with her…weren’t you?”

I just nodded.

“What does she think of all of this?”
“She’s in love Liz”
“Are you?” she asked.

I couldn’t say it, even though I knew I was, but I loved her so completely too.

“Yes…but I love you too”
“Well good luck with that” she scoffed looking out the window.

I just pursed my lips and looked at her. Her blonde hair was pulled up in a messy bun and she was in sweats and a t-shirt. My t-shirt. Her back was to me and I just looked her up and down. I walked towards her and wrapped my hands around her waist, she didn’t move. I moved my hand up under her shirt onto her soft flat stomach.

“Don’t do that” she said pushing it down.
“Why?” I asked kissing the back of her neck.
“You know…oh…I can’t say no to you” she said trying to move away.
“Come on”
“No Max…I-I’m sorry, I think you need to go…let me think”
“Ok…” I sighed, “I’ll be at Jordan’s if you need anything”
“Will you really?”
“Of course” I said.
“Ok…”

I knew she didn’t believe me. I also knew I probably wouldn’t end up staying at Jordan’s…

*Julie’s POV*

I waited for two hours hoping my phone would ring, finally I saw his name on my phone and heard my ringtone. I anxiously grabbed it and answered.

“Hey” I simply said.
“Went better than expected” he said.
“And?” I replied.
“She needs to think about it” he said, “some space”
“Oh…” was all I said.
“I’m going to Jordan’s…we have a game tonight…and we leave tomorrow for our week long road trip…I think staying away from both of you…with some time to think and maybe I can clear my head…figure this all out”
“I’m going to miss you like crazy”
“I’ll miss you too, but I need to go Jules”
“I love you” I said.
“…bye” was all he said and he hung up.

This hurt…a lot and I didn’t know what I was supposed to do now. I was nothing without him, there was a huge hole in my heart only he could fill and I knew she probably felt the same way which hurt even more. I can’t share him. He’s either mine or her’s…not ours, it didn’t work that way.

I sat down on the couch and stared at the wall for an hour. Thoughts rushing in and out through my mind, about Max, my life…the day I met him, how I was in love the moment he spoke to me. His gorgeous dark eyes, his adorable smile…beautiful dark hair, the scruff on his face that only he could make look good. He was perfect in my eyes, beautiful…and perfect.

*Max’s POV*

I sat at Jordan’s, he was trying to process everything I just told him. You could tell he was thinking hard too, you could almost see the smoke coming from his head.

“Ok…it’s been an hour of pure silence” I finally said standing up.
“Dude, I can’t make this decision for you. You’re in love with both of them, but who is the one you can see yourself with? The one you constantly talk about…except around the other guys..? The one who has stuck with you through the hard times, like finding out you’re married…”

I think that last part was a hint. I knew he preferred Julie…he never liked Liz.

“Well I can see your preference” I said standing up.
“She’s incredible and she loves you so much Max, how did Julie react when she found out you were married?” he asked.
“She was shocked, upset…but she stayed with me”
“And Liz?”
“She cried, locked herself in the room and yelled at me. Now…she’s thinking” I sighed.
“This is up to you” he simply said.
“Thanks Jor” I said, “I need to grab my stuff before practice…it’s at Julie’s”
“Go” he said, “do what you have to do”

I slowly drove back to the apartment I had left a few hours ago…to go tell my wife I was in love with two women. I walked slowly up the stairs and unlocked the door.

*Julie’s POV*

I heard him come in and didn’t look at him. I kept staring at the blank wall. I finally felt him sit beside me. I finally put my head down but didn’t look at him.

“Max…I thought you weren‘t--”
“Julie…I love you”
“I know you do…I love you too, but…why are you here?”
“Don’t talk”

I finally looked up at him and just from his eyes you could see he was angry, frustrated, upset…I didn’t know what to do so I looked down at the floor. He put his hand under my chin and lifted my head, I couldn’t help but look at him. He leaned in to kiss me…I pulled away. “What?”

“You’re married” I simply said.
“Never stopped you before” he said leaning in for a kiss, I stopped him.
“Max, this time is different, this time she knows…” I stood up and faced away from him.

I heard him stand up and come behind me. He wrapped his arms around my waist and put his head on my shoulder. I closed my eyes and took in his scent. This may be the last time I ever do. It killed me to even think about that.

“Max, I think you have to go now” I said pulling away from his grasp, I feared it was the last time I would feel those arms around me, “I don’t want you missing practice”
“I’m going to miss you” he said.
“I know” I replied.

He went to the bedroom and gathered up his stuff quickly shoving it all in his bag.

“Bye Jules”
“Bye Max. Play hard and score a goal for me, cause I’ll be watching”
He just chuckled and placed a small kiss on my lips.
“I’m coming back for you” he said.
“Don’t say that now” I sighed closing my eyes, “tell me when you get back. Think, please”
“I love you Julie Miller”
“And I love you Talbot, now go”

He grabbed his stuff and shut the door behind him. I sighed thinking this could be the last time for us. Everything we went through. I knew he would pick his wife. He won’t give up on a life he promised her to be with someone like me…it just wouldn’t make sense….

4 comments:

  1. aweeeee!!!! keep going :)
    He better pick you .. or else *shifty eyes*

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww!! keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ummm please keep writing from what I have read so far... this is going to be one of my favorites

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! :) adorable, and I agree he better pick you !

    ReplyDelete