Sunday, October 25, 2009

Chapter 4

*So I'm pretty sure, this is my favorite chapter yet for this story:D i hope you guys agree. rememberr commmenttt pleaseee. Thanks you XD*



*Max’s POV*

I went to Jordan’s and threw my bag on his floor as he opened the door. He looked down at the suitcase and back up at me.

“This doesn’t look good” he said still looking up and down between me and the suitcase.
“We had a fight, she kicked me out basically” I said walking in.
“Did you tell Julie?” he asked, “find out how she’s taking this whole media thing?”
“Well she was the one who told me the whole thing” I began, “but I haven’t talked to her since”
“Call her” was all he said putting his house phone in my hands.

I dialled her number quickly and waited impatiently for her to answer.

*Julie’s POV*

I saw a number on my phone I didn’t recognize, I picked up anyways curious as to who it could be.

“Hey” was all I heard, I quickly discovered it was Max.
“How are you?” I asked anxiously, I was worried about him.
“I’m fine, I’m more worried about you”
“Don’t worry about me, I’ll survive” I said, “I was fired though”
“I’m sorry Julie” he sighed.
“It’s all good, he didn’t like me in the first place, he finally found a reason to get rid of me” I chuckled.
He just laughed, “I talked to Liz”
The tone got serious again, “And?”
“She kicked me out” he simply said.
“Oh…I’m sorry” I replied.
“It’s ok” he said, “maybe it’s for the best right now”
“Yah…” I said. I didn’t know what else to say at this point, “where are you?”
“Jordan’s” he said.
“I’m coming over, and don’t try and convince me otherwise” I told him.
“Ok” he said.

I knew where Jordan lived, yes. We actually knew each other some time before he became a huge hockey star. I know I should have mentioned it earlier, but I didn’t think it was that relevant. But we are good friends, which is half the reason I met Max, the other half is--or was my job.

I changed into a pair of dark ripped jeans, a long grey cardigan sweater and a white tank top underneath. It was fairly warm for spring. I just left my hair as is and put on some blush, mascara and lip gloss and I slipped on my flip flops.

I quickly made my way to his apartment and walked up to the second floor of the building. I knocked on the door impatiently and saw Jordan open the door.

“Hey Jor” I smiled.

Before he could say anything I saw Max over his shoulder and ran over to him. I gave him a huge hug and Jordan just looked on. Seriously his arms around me again was the most amazing feeling in the world. I was so in love.

“I’m sorry” he whispered.
“It’s ok” I said, “it’s not your fault”
“I love you…only you” he said.
I pulled back and was shocked at the words he had just spoken. Was this it?
“Me? After all this…it’s me?” I was choking, but kept my tears back.
“It’s always been you” he said putting his hand on my cheek.
I just took that hand in mine, “I never thought I would hear you say that…”
“I thought she was the one Julie, until I met you. My whole world flipped upside down when I met you…in a good way”
I just smiled and bit my lip, “I love you Max Talbot”
“I love you Julie Miller…and I’m not leaving you again”
“I hate to break up the moment, but it seems you have some followers” Jordan said pointing towards the porch.

I slowly walked out on the porch and looked over the edge quickly then pulled my head back.

“How did they follow me? Do they know where I freaking live?” I huffed.
“They’re everywhere” Jordan said.
“They can’t stay all night” said Max, “they’ll eventually have to leave”

Just then there was a knock on the door. Like an idiot Jordan answered it and quickly shut it, seeing the camera.

“Nice going moron” I said giving him a playful shove.
“Ouch” he said with a smirk.
I just smiled sarcastically and looked outside, they were still there.
“They just don’t fucking let up” I sighed.
“Wow, where did this feisty side come from?” Jordan asked, “I remember you timid and shy…and a lot quieter…and not so violent” he just rubbed his arm where I pushed him.
“That’s what you get for being with this jackass” I joked pointing to Max who was standing behind me.
“Love you too” Max laughed.
I reached my hand backwards and gave him a pat on the cheek, and smiled proudly back at him.

*Max’s POV*

I knew there was reason she was the one. Not only was she amazing, confident and beautiful. She could light up even a situation like this with no effort whatsoever. I was not ready to go to the media with this, but I was glad I had someone beside me during the entire thing, until it eventually blew over, and who knows how long that will take.

The three of us were sitting on the couch watching as the whole thing unfolded. They didn’t spend a lot of time on it, I’m pretty sure there were more important things to worry about. But it seemed like the header every time a new edition of sports highlights came on. I was surprised how well Julie was actually taking this. I was surprised how well I was taking this. This could hurt my career….severely, even if they don’t find out the truth. The allegations…the pictures, they are enough ammo to do damage.

I looked over at Julie who was joking around with Jordan. I had no idea what they were going on about….I was lost in my own thoughts, which is quite rare actually. I just smiled as I saw how happy she was, I have honestly never seen her this happy in a long time, since before she found out about Liz. It made me happy. It would kill me to even see her hurting, even just the slightest bit.

“Dinner?” she said standing up. We really had nothing else to do.
“You cook?” Jordan asked her in a serious tone.
“No, not really….but I do know places where we can get a decent pizza and I already know you have the beer Jordan” she said smiling proudly his way.
I just laughed, “sounds like a night in to me”

She grabbed the phone and went into the other room. I just watched Jordan go into the fridge and grab a couple beers and hand me one.

“You happy now?” he asked me.
“Well, in a way yes” I said with a sigh of relief.
“Continue” he said.
“I know picking her was the right decision, even if it was a quick one” I began, “She makes me so happy Jordan. I also know that these next few days are going to be hell, I mean, I can’t stay here forever, they are going to ask me the moment they catch me after practice, and Liz and I will end up getting a divorce because of this, and do you know how messy that will get? So I’m freaking glad I have Julie by my side, I don’t know what I’d do without her”
“I could tell you loved her the moment you spoke her name when you confessed what you were doing. I wouldn’t expect anything less” he said taking a sip, “if I were you, I would say she’s the one”
I just nodded in agreement, “I believe that with my whole heart”
“Pizza’s coming!” she exclaimed from the kitchen.
“Ok!” we both said sitting down.
She came in the room, also with drink in hand. There was something about her…

*Julie’s POV*

I was so happy right now. I know what was going on and I knew what would happen in the next few days, but I didn’t mind. These guys were my life right now, and tonight was all I wanted to think about.

I sat between them and grabbed the remote from Jordan’s hands. He tried to grab it but I quickly stood up and sat on the chair next to the couch to avoid him. He was too lazy to try and get it back. I looked through the channels and found the Canadiens and Bruins game.

“We’re watching this and I don’t want anyone trying to switch it on me” I practically commanded.
“Yes ma’am” Jordan joked as he sat back in the couch.

I just laughed as I set the remote safely beside me. See? It really does not get any better than this, I didn’t want to think about tomorrow…I just wanted tonight, I just wanted Jordan, Max, beer, pizza and a good hockey game to forget about what was coming.

4 comments:

  1. ohh this is good, jor is adorable too :)
    keep going! XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. this has to be my fave chapter of this story. keep it going :)

    ReplyDelete