Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Chapter 6

*So an idea came and I want to see if you like how it's going. If not..tell me and I will work around it. I just had to get my other love in her somehow ;) I know I have not been around in a while, my stupid laptop is being a douche...again. I'm on my mom's tonight, I'm thinking it will be another couple days before I can write some more. Enjoy what you get in this one. It's fairly long :D*



*Max's POV*

"What!?" I exclaimed. I couldn't believe what just came out of her mouth, Liz would never...
"Remember when I talked to her on the phone? Well she said that she went out the night you told her about the affair, hoping for something herself...she was flirting with some guy and her emotions got the best of her and she told this guy...not realizing he was a reporter" she stated.
"What!?" I repeated, not being able to say anything else.
"Max...relax" she said climbing into the driver's seat of her car.
"Should I talk to her?" I asked leaning into the open window.
"Do what you have to do" she said, "just don't do anything stupid, in the mean time...I will be home"
"Alright" I said gently kissing her, "see you there"
"Bye" she smiled starting the car and putting up the window.

*Julie's POV*

I waved at him before driving away from the arena. I really hoped he didn't do something stupid. I know how he gets when he loses his temper. I just didn't want him to get into more trouble then he was already in. As I was turning out of the parking lot I saw a bus coming in. As I waited for the cars to go by I looked in my rearview mirror as the bus stopped and players started getting out. They looked familiar, wait, Cammalleri, Gomez, Latendresse...it couldn't be. Then I saw him. Carey Price. I almost let my foot off the brake as I stared, which would lead me into incoming traffic. I hit the brakes hard and shook his face out of my mind. I hit the gas when it was clear and turned onto the road. See, Price was an ex, when I lived in Montreal...we dated on and off, it's where I started my writing career, we met the same way Max and I did...through an interview. It lasted a good while, but eventually he was changing, he wasn't the guy I fell for, we fought constantly and I finally had enough and broke it off. We haven't spoken since. The worst thing, he's still beautiful...

I got home and looked at my phone. I scrolled through my contacts and saw Price's name. I contemplated whether I should call him or not. But he beat me to it.

"Hi" I answered.
"So you and Max" he said.
"How did you know?" I said quietly, realizing the stupid question I just asked him.
"Julie, your picture was all over the fucking news. I know your in Pittsburgh...I want to see you"
"I can't be at the game Price. Too public right now" I told him sitting on the couch.
"I'll come see you, I have time" he said anxiously.
"Why do you want to see me?" I asked. I was getting annoyed.
"I miss you" he said quietly.
"Price, I can't be around you. I don't trust myself, especially not having seen you or spoken to you since we...ended it"
"You still have a thing for me" he said. You could practically hear the smug smirk on his face.
"Fuck off" I snapped.
"Still feisty" he said.
"Just leave me alone Price. I'm happy, and in love, I'm not letting you ruin it"
I just heard him sigh, "Julie, I just want to see you, I need some closure. I can't get over this. I keep telling myself it will never happen again, but I did love you...and still do. Can we just...talk?"
I couldln't believe what I was about to say, "Fine" I said giving him the address, "five minutes if you can find your way"
"Thank you"
I sighed and hung up the phone. Did I make the right decision doing this? I still don't know.

Some time later I heard a buzz and let him up without saying a word. I waited by the door and listened for the knock, opening before he could knock again.

"Hi" I said letting him in.
"Hey" he smiled keeping his eyes on me.
He still was beautiful. His dark eyes were shining. He was wearing a habs hat, hiding his face along wih light ripped jeans and a black under armour hoodie.
"So, what's up?" I asked crossing my arms.
"It's really nice seeing you Jules" he said.
"And?" I knew more was coming.
"I can't live without you" he said taking his hands out of his pockets, "no one else has been able to fill this hole you left...when you left"
I sighed, "Price..."
"Please, I've changed. Since you left I've realized that life without you...sucks. I didn't know what I had until you were gone...I need you"

I could see the pain in his eyes and I could tell he was sincere, and a part of me wanted to, but another part of me was unconditionally in love with Max...and always would be.

"I love him Price..."
"What about me? Do I not count in this? I. love. you." he was firm.

I was starting to get frustrated. Why did he have to do this now? I started to cry uncontrollably. All I did was collapse, but he caught me and held me as I sobbed in his chest.

I eventually composed myself and pulled away from his embrace.

"Jules. I would never get you into the kind of mess he has. I could never hurt you like that"
"He would never hurt me Price" I said quietly, "he loves me"
"He also has a wife who he's loved for a long time"
"He loves me now. They're done, it's over!"
He just stared at me, he was desperate. I know how much he wanted me. You could tell. I had the same look the night I begged Max to stay when he was still with Liz.
"Price. You're amazing, and you're being really sweet, but I can't bring myself to leave him. He needs me"
"I need you too"
He was not making this any easier.
"Why?" I simply asked.
"I'm nothing without you" he pleaded, "my life is empty. Everything hurts"
"I can't do this now" I said, "you said you wanted closure. That's why you came here"
"I lied"
"Obviously" I said under my breath, "you need to go"
He just sighed, he gave up, "fine"

I followed him as he headed towards the door. He turned to me suddenly and kept moving closer. I moved back until the wall kept me from moving back any further. I couldn't move, I didn't even try. My heart raced the moment he gently touched my face. He slowly leaned in and pressed his lips on mine. I admit, it felt good. I tugged onto his shirt and I felt him smile against my lips. It was hard to pull away. His kiss was literally intoxicating, I missed it, but then I thought of Max and I quickly pushed him off.

"Shit" I said breathlessly.
"What?" he said.
"...Max...I can't do this Price...you need to go" I said opening the door. Before I could do anything, he shut it again and leaned against it.
"After that...I'm liking my chances at getting you back"
"Fuck you" I snapped.
"Really?" he said moving closer, "that's your response?"
"I didn't mean literally jackass"
"Since when did you get this mean streak?" he said smirking.
"I get it from my boyfriend" I said, emphasizing that last word, "get out of my fucking apartment before I give him a call"
"I'm not scared of him Julie"
"Just go" I said quieter, "I can't deal with you right now"
"Fine" he sighed.

He finally walked out the door and I collapsed onto the couch. I grabbed my phone as I saw it light up with Max's name.

"Hey baby" he said. His voice was what I needed.
"Hey" I responded quietly, I was choking back tears.
"What's the matter?" he said immediately hearing the stress in my voice.
"Nothing, just come home soon please"
"I'm on my way" he said, "I love you"
"I love you too" I said.

I hung up and gently set my phone down. I started shaking trying to keep myself from even thinking about him, but it was too hard, his face flooded my mind, I just wanted to see Max. I needed him.

I turned on the tv looking for something entertaining to watch. I found FSN seeing Max's commercial. I gently chuckled. A minute later a headline showed up on the tv, not something I needed right now, and a picture of Price...in front of my apartment building.

"Habs in Pittsburgh. Julie Miller's new beau?"

4 comments: