Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Chapter 7

*Just so you know for anyone who has not read this yet, i will not keep posting until i get some comments. I knoww it's harsh, but I need to know your opinion on the chapterr pleasseeeee, thank you.*


*Julie's POV*

So he isn't back yet. But I wonder if he's seen it. There must be a way to keep him from seeing it. Right? Or maybe I should just tell him, I need to be honest with him. I never even told him about Price in the first place...

I turned as I heard the door open. I saw him greet me with a warm smile and gave him a hug.

"Everything alright?" he asked.
"No" I simply said.
"What happened?" he asked.

I just pulled away and turned on the tv. They would still have the headline I'm sure. I was right. He just stared at the tv, and I stared at him.

"What's this about Julie?" he asked quietly.
"He's my ex..." I said.
"And you decided to tell me this when?" he was starting to get louder.
"I didn't think it made a big deal. It was a long time ago Max. When I was living in Montreal. I hadn't even known who you freaking were, so forgive me if I forgot to mention a past boyfriend who means nothing to me now" that last part might have been a lie...
"Then why the hell was he here?" he was starting to get snappy.
"He said he needed closure"
"Did he get it?"
"No because he fucking lied!" I shouted, "he tried to get me back"
"And?"
"Well what does it look like?! Do I look like I went back to him?" I've never fought with him like this before.
"Don't be a smart ass Julie. Do you want him back or not?"
"Not" I said quickly, "I love you"
"Do you love him?"
"Excuse me?"
"Julie...you heard what I said" he replied calmly.
"No" I lied, "no feelings whatsoever. I'll be friends with him if anything"

I don't know if he believed me or not. I just stared at him as he put together his thoughts, and I put together mine. There was something I left out...the kiss. Should I tell him? I don't know...

He was silent most of the evening. I really didn't understand him sometimes. He drove me nuts. He didn't talk things out, he thought about them on his own, normally it wasn't that big of a deal, but when it had to do with someone that still loves me, and tried to take me away...the fact he won't talk about it...bothered me. I tried to confront him about it.

"Max, we have to talk about this" I said breaking the silence that was our afternoon.
"What else is there to say?" he said, "Do you have something else to say?"

I stared at him, his dark eyes were cold, I wanted to tell him about the kiss, but I couldn't bring myself to let it out.

"No" I sighed, "nothing else"
"Ok"
"Don't you think you should be sleeping? You have a game tonight"
"I can't sleep right now" he said, "but can I just be left alone now. We can talk later"

I just nodded and started to leave the room when my phone vibrated on the table in front of him. I turned and looked at him then at the phone then back at him.

"Who is it?" he asked.
I moved towards my phone and picked it up, "it's him"
"More pleading?" he said.
"Fuck Max just let it go, it's nothing" I snapped moving to my room.
"What?" I said answering.
"Are you ok?"
"Price do you have something to say, because if not I would rather not talk to you right now"
"So you saw it?" he said.
"Yes" I replied, "Max is pissed at me. Now the media will be bothering him AGAIN about this, I'm fed up with all this drama"
"Why are you with him if he's causing you all this crap?" he asked.
"It's not him" I snapped, "it's everything that comes with him. I love him Price, but not what comes along with loving him"
"I'm not going to repeat my feelings for you again Julie, you know what they are, and if I would be so lucky as to have them returned from you, I would be the happiest guy alive, but if not, I suppose I need to give it up"

I just sighed. I realized that I love Max with my whole heart and soul, but Price, the moment I saw his face again, I knew the love was still there for him. I also knew that if I went back to Price, it would just cause more pain and drama for Max and if I stayed with Max, yes...Price would be hurt, but it would not do near the damage it would to Max. I think I've made the choice...

"Price. I know it's going to hurt, but I can't leave him. He already left his wife, and it was posted all over the media, and if I went back to you, it would cause alot more damage to him than it would for you...I will admit, when I saw you, I know the feelings were still there, but he's the one my heart belongs to and I can't bring myself to do that. Let's just end this before it gets any worse...please, for me"

There was silence on the other end. I wanted to know what he was thinking. He sighed and was silent still, he must have been thinking of what to say.

"Ok" he said, "I would never take you away from something that makes you this happy. Even if it does hurt"
"Thank you" I sighed, "we'll stay in contact though, right?"
"Of course. Goodbye Julie"
"Bye Price"

I hung up and breathed a sigh of relief. I felt so much better, but I needed to talk to Max, I needed to straighten this out, I didn't like being mad at him. I opened the door and saw him leaning against the wall, arms crossed.

"So it's done?" he said.
"It's you Max, no one else" I said quietly.
He was silent, I just bit my lip and looked down at the floor. I felt his hand come under my chin and he tilted my head towards him. I just looked into his eyes, which were warm again.
"I feel like I'm hurting you" he said.
"You would never hurt me" I whispered.
"It looks like you're hurting" he replied, "this whole thing is my fault"
"No" I said, "I chose you because I wouldn't be whole without you Max...and you chose me..." I couldn't finish the sentence.
"Because I would be completely empty without you" he finished.
I just smiled and he gently pulled me into a hug, "this needs to end" I sighed.
"It will, let's just take it a day at a time" he whispered.
"Ok" I said.

I believed him. There was no reason not to.

------------------------------------------
And there's no one that comes close to you
Could ever take your place
Cause only you can love me this way
------------------------------------------

4 comments: