Saturday, January 2, 2010

Chapter 12

I was sitting on my bed. Thinking. I could still hear him getting his stuff ready to leave. I just wanted him to go, before I changed my mind and begged him to stay. Suddenly I heard a light knock on the door, I froze. I knew it was him, so I didn’t answer.

“Julie?”
Nothing.
“Julie”
Nothing.
“Julie, just so you know, if there was any other way to do this, I would. I know you’ll be fine without me. You’ll find someone else, you’re too…incredible not too find someone else. Just remember that I love you, and I always will…”. It seemed he waited there to see if I would reply. I didn’t.
“Bye Jules…”
I just sighed as I heard the apartment door shut behind him. I jumped up and opened my door, he was gone. He was really gone...

*Max’s POV*

I got to the apartment I was kicked out of weeks before. I had already called her, she knew I was coming. She just didn’t know why.

“Why are you here?” she asked as I stepped in the door.
“I’m back” I simply said.
“Excuse me?”
“I want to work this out with you Liz” it really hurt to say it.
“What about…Julie?”
“I broke it off” I swallowed a lump in my throat and continued, “this is too important to throw away…”
“Seriously?”
“Yes” I simply replied.
She just jumped up and wrapped her arms around me, “I know we can get through this Max, I’m so glad you came to your senses”
I had something smart to say but I kept my mouth shut as she pulled back. I just fake smiled at her as she excitedly hugged me again.

*Julie’s POV*

I had sent Ally back home, like I had promised. I was now in an empty apartment, sitting on the couch, staring at the wall. I still hadn’t cried yet, but my chest felt like it was going to burst. I missed him like crazy, and it hurt, it hurt way too much. I didn’t know what I was supposed to do with myself now.

My thoughts were interrupted with a huge thump on the door. I hoped it was Max, but was disappointed when I looked in the peephole and saw Kris.

“What do you want?” I asked behind the closed door.
“I want to see Ally”
“Ally’s gone Kris. Go home” I replied moving away from the door.
“Julie, can I talk to you then?”
“I’m really not in the mood” I sighed.
“Please?” he pleaded.
I just took a deep breath and unlocked the door. He walked past me into the living room. He looked frustrated.

“What’s wrong with you?” he asked.
“I’d rather not talk about it with you” I snapped.
“Sorry”
“No, sorry. Max went back to Liz”
“Really?”
“Yes” I replied.
“But he was so happy with you”
“I’m done talking about this” I said holding back the tears, “what do you want?”
“I feel like an idiot and want to apologize to her” he said, “I really felt a connection with her Julie, as cheesy as it sounds”
“What about Anna?” I asked referring to his fiancee.
“I ended it. We weren’t right for each other, and I haven’t been able to stop thinking about Ally”

I looked at him closely. You could tell he was being sincere. As much as I hated the guy for what he did, he really meant what he was saying. I didn’t know what else I could do.

“Kris, she went home…to Montreal” I said, “have you tried calling her?”
“She won’t return my calls. I’ve left messages, texts…she won’t respond”
“She gets the stubborness from me” I sighed.
“Is she coming back anytime soon?”
“Kris…if your around she won’t come anywhere near Pittsburgh”
He just sighed and ran his fingers through his hair.
“We’re both in the same boat now aren’t we?”
I just nodded and sat back, “everything hurts Kris. I haven’t cried since he left”
“When was that?”
“Last night”
“I guarantee you it will come” he replied, “you have to let it out Julie. I know you’re strong, and I know he’s probably not worth it, but it’s not healthy keeping it in”
“Yah I know” I huffed.
“You know what?” he said standing up, “I’m going to leave you alone”
“Wait Kris” I said jumping up, grabbing a pen, “here’s the number to my parents house. It’s where she’s staying until she gets the money for her own place” I wrote it down on his hand, “just don’t say your name to my parents, or she won’t talk to you”
“Thank you Julie”
“I can tell you really care about her. Even if you’ve only known her for less than a day”

He just smiled and gently hugged me before shutting the door behind him. I turned on the tv, avoiding all sports at all costs, because I knew I would see his face somewhere. Or something that reminded me of him.

I got up and walked into the kitchen, with the intent of making some coffee. When I heard my ringtone go off, probably Ally. I jogged to my bedroom when I saw an unlikely name, Max, but I had already opened my phone.

“Julie?”
I froze.
“Julie I can hear you breathing”
I never knew hearing his voice would sound that good.
“What?” I snapped, “what else could you possibly want?”
“I’m sorry”
“Don’t keep apologizing unless you’re coming back. I’m done listening to you, you have a wife, I’m no longer a part of your life anymore”
“Don’t--”
“No Max. I’m done talking to you. Goodbye”

I tossed my phone on the bed. I told myself I wouldn’t cry over him, and I will not. I refuse to do it. He made the choice, if he thinks she is more important, than he is not worth the tears.


*You lied to me, you let me down,
you turned this smile into a frown
and now you're the only reason why,
I find it hard to sleep at night.
I'm feeling sad, I'm feeling blue,
I think of the past times spent with you
and now there's nothing left to say,
so I just turn my head away*

2 comments:

  1. OMG OMG OMG OMG
    ANOTHER CHAPTER PLEASEEEE
    I'M DYING TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg i loved this chapter!! i wanna know more!

    ReplyDelete