Sunday, December 27, 2009

Chapter 11

*So some ideas are comin to me for this one. It's exciting. I just wanted to thank all my readers and their comments :) I love hearing from you*



“I don’t want you near me Max” I snapped.
“Julie I--”
“You tell me where he lives, and I can do this myself” I replied.
He just nodded and gave me the address, “Jor…can you come with me?” I changed my mind.
Max just looked at him then back at me in confusion, “go back to Liz” I said quietly, “since you apparently love her”

Jordan gently directed me to his car and we arrived at a huge apartment building only a few minutes from the club. I opened the door and slammed it behind me, before I could do anything Jordan stopped me.

“Jules, don’t do anything you’ll regret. Try calling her again”
I just took a deep breath, nodded and pulled my phone from my pocket. I dialled the number, and waited, no answer, “I’m going up there Jor” but again he grabbed my arm.
“Jules, I’m not letting you up there until you calm down. You’ll help nothing if you have a fit, plus, we don’t need a scene, it’s late, there are other people in the apartment”
Jordy, always thinking of others, “fine” I replied taking a deep breath in, “ok…I’m good”
“Ok” he replied, “let’s go”

We made our way to the apartment and up the stairs. I stood in front of the door for a minute and knocked. Nothing. I knocked a bit harder this time.
“Who is it?”
“It’s me Kris” Jordan said.
“Jor?”
“Yah” he replied, “it’s important”
“It can’t wait?”
“No”

I heard the lock click and the door opened. He froze the moment he saw me. Over his shoulder I saw Ally. I kept my composure and pushed Kris out of the way.

“Ally, we need to go” I told her.
“Why?” she asked looking at me with confused eyes.
“Kris is engaged Al…” was all I said.

She just looked at him, back at me than back at him. She stared at him for a minute before she looked down at the ground. She was breaking my heart.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” she asked quietly, keeping her eyes on the ground
“Ally, I--”
“Don’t get near her” I said moving in front of him.
“Julie, this has nothing to do with you” he replied.
“Kris, when it comes to my little sister, it has everything to do with me” I said, “we’re leaving”

Ally grabbed her phone off the table and shoved it in her back pocket. She glared at him as she passed him and then disappeared around the corner.

“You ever try to get near her again…I swear…”
“You swear what?” he snapped.
“You have not seen half of what I can do Kris, do not underestimate me…” I said walking out the door and Jor just shut it behind him.

I walked out to the car and found Ally leaning against it, tears falling gently. I slowly moved towards her and wrapped my arms around her, “I’m sorry Al”
“It’s not your fault” she sniffed, “I was stupid enough to believe him”
“You’re not stupid” I reassured her, “he’s the ass”
She just shrugged, looking over my shoulder at Jordan, “where’s Max?”
His name made me cringe at this point, “we’re done…”
“What happened?” she asked.
“He decided to go back to Liz…because of something his father said”
“So that’s what was up this morning…”
“Yah, anyways, I’m done talking about him, let’s go home. Jor can you drive me back to my car please?”
“Sure thing” he replied.

We got to the car and I slipped the key in the lock opening the door and unlocking the passenger door.

“Jules?”
“Yah?” I replied turning around.
“You going to be ok?”
“I’ll be fine” I sighed, “it’s only a broken heart…I’ll survive…”
He just wrapped his arms around me and I melted into him. He was an amazing friend.
“I’ll call you”
“See you later Jor” I replied moving into the drivers seat.

We got home and I immediately spotted Max’s car. Probably cleaning out his stuff. Great.

“Jules, I’m worried about you” she said as we made it to the door.
“I’m fine” I sighed unlocking it and opening it.

I looked up and locked eyes with him. Those eyes that once shined, were dark, and cold…sad. I looked away and shut the door behind me. Ally walked up to him and looked up at him, on account she wasn’t the tallest person in the world.

“What gives?” was all she asked.
“Excuse me?”
“First you leave your wife for her, cause you claim you’re in love with her, then you go back to your wife? Is my sister not enough for you?”
I just grabbed her and pulled her back, “stop” I whispered, “leave it alone. He made his decision”
“Can we talk?” he asked. He looked over at Ally then to me, “alone?”
I shooed Ally to her room and she glared at him once more before shutting the door.

“Talk” I simply said.
“You know I love you”
“Alright”
“I have to do this”
“Alright”
“Damn it Julie, you have more to say. I know you” he snapped.
“I do. But none of it will convince you to stay with me, so there is no point in trying” I shot back.
“Give it a shot”
He just stared at me as the thoughts formed in my head. Finally, I spoke.
“I love you Max. With all that I have in me. I have never felt anything like this before, which is the reason I am carrying your child. But if you would rather fulfill a commitment because your “dad said so” than to stay with the one your really in love with, your not worth it. And I will not cry a tear over you”
All he did was grab my face and kiss me, I couldn’t help but kiss him back and it took all I had in me to pull back and push him off.
“I knew you had it in you” he whispered.
“Don’t” I said moving away from him.
“What?”
“Don’t do something like that if you still plan on leaving Max. That’s not fair…”
“Julie I--”
“Fuck you, Max” I snapped, “just stay away from me”

I walked into the bedroom and shut the door behind me. I told myself I wouldn’t cry over him, I told him that. It’s all his fault. He made me this strong. Not to take any crap from anyone, including him. So I’m done. I’m done fussing over him, I’m done crying, because he is no longer a part of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment