Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Chapter 9

*Please comment on this one. I cannot stress that enough. I'm not getting much feedback. And to those who I do get it from, I really appreciate it! I'll let you read the chapter now :) Enjoy*




I woke up feeling sick to my stomach again. I raced to the bathroom, making it in time to puke out my guts, well that’s how it felt. I finally got the energy to stand up and brush my teeth.

“You ok?” Max asked sitting up on his elbows on the bed.
“Does it look like it?” I snapped.
“Ooh, hit a nerve” he said putting his hands up in defense.
“Sorry, moody” I sighed.
“Come here” he said motioning his hands to come sit next to him. I sat next to him and I put my head on his shoulder, “Max…I’m scared” I quietly said letting out a shaky breath.
“I know” he simply said wrapping his arm around my shoulder and gently squeezing me.
“I mean, eventually the press will hear about this. Then it’s hell for you again, and then I have to go through nine months of pregnancy through all of that. What if I can’t handle it? What if I can’t do this?”
He took his hand and lifted my head towards his, “you’re going to be fine. I’ll be here the entire time, you have nothing to worry about Jules”
“Don’t go anywhere” I quietly said.
“Never” he said gently kissing me. I just smiled up at him and bounced out of bed, “Oh! I need to check the scores” I said running to the living room.
I grabbed the remote turning it onto ESPN. I watched through a couple commercials when the unthinkable happened.

“How Max Talbot manages to juggle hockey and two women is beyond me. Julie Miller and Liz Talbot were found, physically fighting in a local drug store in downtown Pittsburgh. One of the cashiers managed to tape some with her cell phone”

Then it showed a video of Liz slapping me and then me punching her out. Along with a few choice words we both used.

“Max…” I looked up at him as he watched it all unfold. He was wide eyed and speechless, “Max…baby” I said gently touching his cheek. He finally snapped out of it and looked down at me. Then he turned away and went to his phone.
“Max, what are you doing?”
“Calling Liz” he said angrily dialling in her number.
“Max…don’t make this worse than it has to be”
“She is the one making this worse” he snapped.
“Max” I said grabbing the phone from his hand and hanging it up, “don’t”
He was practically shaking he was so mad, I’ve never seen him like this before.
“Julie, I’m sorry I did this to you” he sighed.
“You did nothing” I told him, “I chose you, and unfortunately…you were married. But, soon you won’t be, and this will all end. I hope”
“I will do anything I can to keep you from getting hurt again” he said putting a hand on my cheek.
“I know” I smiled, “let’s just let this incident blow over. And be careful what you say”
“I won’t say a word” he replied, “not until this whole mess is over with”

The rest of the day was the usual routine. Max went to the morning skate, he had a game tonight and they were leaving for New York tomorrow. I just cleaned my apartment, which I hadn’t been paying much attention to lately. I did everything I could to keep from going out. I knew I would have to eventually, the fridge was empty.

I grabbed a pair of black yoga pants and black hoodie. I grabbed a ball cap from the closet, Max’s, just a white one with the Penguins logo. I really didn’t want anyone recognizing me, and I was paranoid about running into Liz again. I put on my black uggs, grabbed my keys and was out the door.

I was quick through the store, grabbing the basics, milk, bread and a few extra things that were needed. I got to the cash, anxious as she rang everything through. I kept my head down as much as possible. She gave me the total and I handed her the cash.

“Hey, aren’t you--”
“Don’t” I said cutting her off, “that’s how it happened the last time”
“Sorry” she replied handing me my change, “if it’s any consolation, the wife seems like a bitch” she whispered.
I just chuckled, “Thanks”

I grabbed my few bags and put them in the backseat of the car, getting home as quickly as I could. I set my things on the table and saw a note.

“Hey, was hoping to catch you before you before I left for the game. Your sister called the apartment. Talk to you tonight. Love, Max”

I just smiled as I read it. This whole thing was turning out different than I expected. He didn’t go back to Liz, I’m having a baby, and I’m completely happy. The only thing that could ruin this is the press, how I hate them, even though I used to be one of them. Maybe losing that job was for the best.

I grabbed my phone and called my sister back quickly. She wanted to come down. I wanted her to come down too. I missed her like crazy and I really needed her here right now. She planned on coming down this weekend, which is actually convenient, all the players should be gone, road trip. I don’t want her getting involved with them, I didn’t want her ending up in the kind of mess I was in…I will do anything in my power to keep that from happening to her.

4 comments:

  1. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    keeeppp goinnnggggg!!!!

    I wonder who you're sister is?
    :O

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this girl! Please keep it going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhhh! keep going! i love this story like crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooo cant wait to see what happens...update soon

    ReplyDelete