Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Chapter 15

*I know it's been ages, and I know this isn't very long, but it's the best I can come up with right at the moment, so I hoopess you like it :) Commmentts pleasseee*


It’s June 12th. The Penguins and Wings were fighting for the Stanley Cup, and tonight was Game 7, the decision would be made and I was terrified.

I sat on the couch in a pair of sweats and a Penguins hoodie. I’m about 4 months pregnant at this point, my stomach felt like it was bulging out and there was nothing I could do about it. I pulled my knees up to my chin and wrapped my arms around them as I watched the pre-game show go to Joe Louis for the opening faceoff. My stomach was turning, I was really nervous for them, I could only imagine how they are feeling.

“You want to be there, don’t you?” my dad asked.

“More than you know” I replied my voice breaking.

“I think you should see something” he told me standing up and grabbing his laptop. He set it in front of me and clicked on an article he had saved, “I knew I would have to show you eventually…”

I just set the laptop on my laptop and looked at the headline.

“Talbot and wife Liz to split”

I put my hand over my mouth in shock. Was it true, I read down the article.

“…after an affair with ex-reporter Julie Miller, Liz had finally had enough and the split was a unanimous decision between both…”

“Holy shit” I said quietly.

I looked up at the tv screen and watched as the game had finally started. I saw him. If he cared he would have called and told me. He would have tried to find me. But then again, it is the Stanley Cup Finals.

“If he really loves you, he’ll be back” my dad said.

“Thanks daddy” I smiled.

The game went really well. Max had already scored a goal and they were ahead 1-0. I was so proud of him, he was playing his heart out, you could tell. They all were.

When what looked like an innocent hit, Crosby came off, limping in the second period. Everyone was on the edge of their seats at this point, would it affect anything?

Max scored another second period goal to bring the lead up to 2-0. I almost knocked over a lamp, jumping from excitement. On another note, his beard…it had to go.

By this time, the game was 2-1, and the last 2 minutes of the third period were the longest 2 minutes of my life. The refs stopped play I don’t know how many times in one minute. Finally in the last few seconds, the Wings were all around the Penguins net, and had an incredible chance but Fleury got in the way of it, sealing the 2-1 win, winning the Stanley cup.

As I watched Sidney finally hoist the cup, I almost cried. I watched every player get their chance, and when it came to Max, I couldn’t help but smile, with a few tears. I wanted to be there, I wanted to jump onto the ice the moment they won, I wanted to wrap my arms around him, tell him I’m so proud of him, and tell him I love him. So much.

I didn’t know how long it would be before I would be able to get a hold of him. They’d be partying afterwards, I would be the last thing he would be thinking about.

I heard my phone vibrating and I reached to the coffee table to grab it. Max. Was I dreaming?

“Max…” I answered.

“Hi. I didn‘t think you‘d answer”

“Well I had to tell you I’m proud of you”

“I wish you were here” he replied, “I miss you”

“So do I” I said choking up, “I love you, so much”

“I love you too” he replied.

“And I need you, this baby needs you” I was crying rivers right now, “I need you Max”

“I’m here baby, and I’m not going anywhere”

2 comments:

  1. so i just stumbled on your story this morning, and after avoiding my work and reading through it, i'm absolutely in LOVE with this, wish i found it sooner though. So happy to see they got back together.

    Liz- total bitch.

    Max- utterly adorable throughout the entire story so far.

    Julie- some might call her a home wrecker, but you can't break something thats already broken. I love how max made her a stronger person.

    I loved the story line, and the way you captured the emotions was excellent.

    Great update

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhhhhhh suspense.
    I want to know what happens with me and Kris ,haah

    ReplyDelete